Social media is a powerful way to reach a huge audience. Even cooler is the fact that it’s FREE! But like anything else, you have to have the right strategy. That’s what this post is all about; giving you 5 great tips to help improve your social media organic reach in 2022.
1. Make Your Content Relevant To Your Audience
Before you do anything else, you need to know your audience. Who are you trying to reach? What types of things do they like, and how do they like to consume content? These are important questions for you to answer.
Some brands make the mistake of trying to appeal too broadly, which can be detrimental because it lowers the relevance of your posts. You want relevant content if you really want people to engage with it. After all, when Facebook or Instagram see that people are engaging with your content (liking, commenting, sharing), those social media platforms will show your post to more people.
2. Post Consistently And At Optimal Times
You need to be consistent in your posting. This is important for a few reasons:
- Your audience will know when to expect you and look forward to it.
- You will always be top of mind since they’ll always see something from you pop into their feed.
For optimal reach, you also need to make sure to post at the right times. The right time varies depending on your audience, so experiment with different times and use your data to determine which get the most engagement.
3. Encourage User-Generated Content
User-generated content is any type of media that has been created and published by unpaid contributors or fans. This can be anything from a video to a photo or written testimonial.
The benefits of user-generated content are:
- It helps build trust with brands and credibility for the brand, as social media users are more likely to trust content shared by other consumers than traditional advertising messages.
- Creating user-generated content is free. Instead of spending money on advertising, your company can spend time encouraging your customers to share pictures and stories about their experiences with your product or service.
- User-generated content can be highly effective at getting people engaged, which boosts organic reach across all platforms.
4. Optimize Your Profile
To get more out of your social media presence, you need to optimize your profile. If you haven’t already, be sure to add a profile picture and cover image for all the networks where you have a business page. Take this opportunity to optimize these images as well!
Use your profile image on as many networks as you can – it’s often the only thing that shows up in posts or comments made by someone who isn’t connected with you yet. Make sure that it clearly represents what your business is about (as long as it isn’t a company logo) so people know that they are connecting with the right person or company.
Your cover image is where you can show off something impressive about yourself or your company, promote an upcoming webinar or event, or just share something related to what you do. Most networks require specific dimensions for cover images, so make sure yours fits in properly and looks great!
A good bio also helps with awareness. Tell people what they should expect from following you and make sure that there is a link back to your website prominently displayed in your bio (whether it takes them to the homepage or another page). This link will let new followers find out more about what’s important to them once they visit your site.
5. Use Trending Hashtags
- Use trending hashtags.
Hashtags are as relevant as ever on social media. They are a great way to make your content more discoverable and help improve your organic reach. Consider using trending hashtags in addition to your own branded ones to improve engagement with people who are not already following you.
Be sure to check the trends regularly – they change according to location and topic, so the relevance of this advice depends on the day-to-day changes in what is being talked about across the globe (and in your backyard) at any given time.
There are tools that can help you find relevant trending hashtags such as Hashtagify, however it always pays to do a quick search yourself before posting something with a new hashtag – some of them might have an unexpected meaning! And don’t forget that less is more: there’s no need for you to use all 30 hashtags at once because fewer (but good ones) will work much better for you than many irrelevant ones!
It’s possible to increase the organic reach of your social media if you follow a few key guidelines.
- Post relevant and valuable content. Your audience will likely be more interested in engaging with content that is interesting or thought-provoking. This doesn’t mean every post has to have lofty undertones–go ahead and share a cat meme if it’s something your audience would enjoy!
- Post consistently. If you only post once every so often, your followers will start to forget who you are and may unfollow your account. On the other hand, posting too frequently can overwhelm users’ feeds and cause them to tune you out or hide all of your posts. To find the right balance, review your analytics at least once a month and make sure the frequency of posts aligns properly with your brand guidelines.
- Encourage user-generated content (UGC). UGC is when a customer shares some type of positive feedback about your product or service on social media channels like Facebook or Instagram, often in exchange for some sort of incentive such as entry into a contest or receiving another free product. The effect is that this recommendation can help build brand loyalty while reaching new customers by making them aware of your company through word-of-mouth marketing tactics online (eWOM).